The Central Vigilance Cell in NABARD has been set up on July 1, 1985 and comprises a Central Vigilance Cell (CVC) at the Head office, Vigilance Cells at the Regional offices and at the Bank’s Training Establishments, which are functioning under the overall control of the Chief Vigilance Officer.
The basic objective of Vigilance administration is to promote integrity and transparency in the entire functioning of the bank, including the areas of procurement of goods and services. It also helps in improving the Bank’s compliance towards the directions and requirements of Central Vigilance Commission, GoI, New Delhi.
2. Core Functions
CVC performs the following functions:
- Deal with matters concerning vigilance cases of employees
- Examine complaints received from the public, the Department of Financial Services (DFS), the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Government of India, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), etc.
- Furnish the required statements, returns and information to the Reserve Bank of India, CBI, CVC, DFS, MoF, GoI etc.
- Liaison with the above-named agencies in matters of mutual interest
- Implement preventive vigilance mechanisms by way of periodical Preventive Vigilance Inspections (PVI) of Regional offices, Training Establishments and Head Office departments
- Explore sensitive areas of concern
- Provide suggestions for systemic improvement
3. Broad Achievements of the Department at the National Level
During the year 2015-16, the CVC, HO received 124 complaints from general public, CVC, GoI, RBI, DFS etc. Of these, 122 were examined and disposed.
4. Other information
Complaints, if any, may be sent to the following address or to the Officer-In-Charge of Regional offices/training establishments through post/e-mail/fax.
Shri N. J. Nampoothiri
Chief Vigilance Officer
NABARD, Head Office
P. B. No. 8121, Bandra (East), Mumbai-400051
Telephone Number: 022-26530010/Fax: 022-26530100