Inspection Department (ID) of NABARD was established in October 1999 to put in place a robust and a comprehensive inspection system with a focus on adherence to the stipulated guidelines by Regional Offices/Training Establishments/Head Office Departments on various business, promotional, developmental and supervisory activities of the Bank.
The Inspection Department is headed by a Chief General Manager who is assisted by a General Manager, Deputy General Managers & other officers and staff in the Department.
2. Core functions of the Department
The major functions of the Inspection Department are as under:
- Provide quick and direct feedback to the Top Management on functioning of the Head Office Departments, Regional Offices, Training Establishments and Subsidiaries of NABARD by carrying out onsite inspections of the units at periodical intervals.
- Examine the efficacy of the existing laid down systems and procedures, adherence thereto by the constituent units and to provide early warning signals for bringing about policy changes for effective compliance with the systems and procedures.
- Provide secretarial support to the Audit Committee of the Board (ACB), the sub-committee constituted by NABARD’s Board of Directors.
- Monitor the Concurrent Audit work at HO and in Regional Offices/ Training Establishments/Head Office Departments with a view to ensure accuracy and transparency in the transactions.
The Department over the years has emerged as an integral department that ensures all internal checks and controls are in place. It provides a proactive backend support to Regional Offices, Training Establishments and Head office Departments, enabling professional and smooth functioning.
Shri M K Chandekar
Chief General Manager
3rd Floor, 'D' Wing
C-24, 'G' Block
Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)
Mumbai 400 051
Tel: (91) 022-26528221, (91) 022-26539246
Fax: (91) 022-26530097