Technical Services Department of NABARD functions as a nucleus of experts to provide technical inputs for promotion and development of agriculture sector through institutional credit. It also advises and does liaison at the National/State Level for laying down norms for different investments in agriculture and allied sectors and recommends policies for the same. The Department also guides farmers and entrepreneurs to adopt technology matching to their needs from time to time. It also operates the Research and Development Fund which to a certain extent meets the critical gaps in technological needs. It offers technical support for consultancy assignments of NABCONS, a subsidiary of NABARD.
NABARD has expertise for providing technical support for rural development in the following major disciplines:
• Agricultural Engineering
• Animal Husbandry & Poultry
• Food Processing
• Forestry and Waste land Development
• Land Development and Soil Conservation
• Plantation & Horticulture
• Water Resources Development and Management
Technical appraisal/scrutiny of schemes.
Operation of Research & Development Fund – Support for R & D Projects and seminars/conferences related to Farm Sector
Identification of new technologies and development of innovative projects.
Conducting special/sectoral studies to identify the constraints.
Standardisation of technical parameters and review of unit costs on specific request by client institutions.
Formulation of model schemes and brochures.
Publication of Technical Digest.
Liaison with Research Institutions and Line Departments.
Conducting specific workshops/training programmes on thrust areas.
Representation in Expert Groups/Committees of GoI, Planning Commission and other organisatons
Faculty support to training establishments.
Consultancy support for NABCONS.
• Preparation of Model Bankable Projects.
• Publication of Technical Digest covering articles, success stories, news items, etc.
• Planning Commission.
• Ministry of Agriculture.
• Department of Agriculture & Cooperation
• Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries.
• Ministry of Rural Development.
• Ministry of Food Processing
• Ministry of Water Resources.
• Ministry of Commerce and Industries
• Indian Council of Agricultural Research
• Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
• State Agriculture & Veterinary Universities.
• Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
• Agricultural Products Export Development Authority (APEDA).
• Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA).
• Commodity Development Boards for Coconut, Tea, Coffee, Spices, Rubber,
Cashew, Oil seeds and Vegetable Oils, Medicinal Plants, Horticulture, Dairy,
• Bureau of Indian Standards, Central Ground Water Board, Indian Institute of
Technology, WALMI, Water Technology Centres, Aquaculture Authority, etc.