Support for setting up Aadhaar Enrolment and Update Centers (AECs) in Banks: Extension
The captioned scheme has been reviewed by the Financial Inclusion Fund (FIF) Advisory Board on 25 February 2019 and it has been decided to cover the AECs set up upto March 2019 by Banks and extend the time period the scheme up to 30 September 2019. We refer to our Circular no. 160 dated 27 June 2018, the following modifications have been effected there under:-
(i) The AEC set up between the period 01 April 2018 to 31 March 2019 are also eligible for support under FIF.
(ii) Banks can submit their claim after establishing the AEC upto 31.03.2019 (on or before 30 September 2019)
(iii) The quantum of support will be will be Rs.75,000/- per AEC, for all AECs set up between 01 December 2017 to 31 March 2019.
(iv) The support will be extended for, upto 13589 AECs, on first come-first served basis, till availability of budget, subject to a maximum of 10% of total branches of the Bank.
3. Further, the claim may be submitted in the format attached with above mentioned circular with the following modifications:
(i) In the table given in the claim format the “Period during which AEC is set up” should be for the period 01 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
(ii) The treatment of GST indicated at point 5 (iii) of the above circular, is now to be governed by Circular No. 290/ DFIBT-39/ 2018 dated 11 December 2018 and is to be given in the following format:
(Amount in Rs)
- Expenditure/Cost of Goods & Services (Total expenses, not just those liable to GST)
- Net Amount of GST:(Amount of GST - Amount of ITC, either received or receivable)
- Total Expenditure incurred by the Bank (1 + 2):
- Reimbursement claimed
4. Other terms and conditions of the above mentioned circular remain unchanged.