1. Please refer to our Circular No. 232/ DoR-63/2018 dated 24 July 2019, communicating NABARD's policy for F. Y. 2019-20 for provision of short-term refinance to the Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) under Sec. 21(1) of the NABARD Act, 1981, for financing Seasonal Agricultural Operations (SAO). We advise that the ST (SAO) Refinance Policy for F. Y. 2020-21 has since been reviewed and the changes have been provided in the eligibility criteria keeping in view the role played by RRBs in rural financing and to boost the affordable credit in specified districts (list enclosed) where the credit flow is comparatively low. The detailed policy is enumerated in Annexure I.
2. The rate of interest on refinance will be 4.5% p.a. during the year 2020-21, (subject to revision, if any, by Govt. of India) for only those RRBs which provide, including their own involvement, crop loans up to Rs 3.00 lakh per borrower at 7% p.a. or less. The Bank is required to furnish an undertaking to this effect as per Annexure II.
3. You may advise all the branches to accord top priority for implementation of KCC scheme by issuance of RuPay Card to the borrowing members. RRBs are also required to report the monthly progress with regard to KCCs on the ENSURE portal.
4. Refinance allocation for your Bank for the year 2020-21 will be communicated to you, by our Regional Office (RO). You may submit an application for sanction of credit limit along with the first drawal, as per the prescribed proforma to the concerned RO of NABARD.
5. Please acknowledge receipt of this letter to our Regional Office.