EC No. 234/ DoS- 35/ 2020
Ref. No. NB. DoS. HO. CFMC/ 1871/ P-80/ 2020-21
The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer,
All State Cooperative Banks/
All Central Cooperative Banks
Sharing of Complaints/ FIRs filed by RCBs with Central Economic Intelligence Bureau (CEIB)
1. Central Economic Intelligence Bureau (CEIB) is the central nodal agency under Ministry of Finance, GoI mandated to gather intelligence/ information on economic offences and maintain a data base of the same for sharing with law enforcement agencies concerned.
2. We are in receipt of a request from CEIB in which the Bureau has sought information on the complaints lodged with State Police (EOW)/ CBI against economic offenders by Rural Cooperative Banks, and their current status.
3. You are advised to share copies of complaints lodged by you with CBI/ State Police (EOW) against economic offenders (entities/ individuals, etc.) with CEIB by 15 September 2020. In addition to the above, you may also share copies of FIRs/ FMRs and offenders’ PAN No., DIN/ CIN no., Bank Name/ Account No. of the accused with the Bureau.
4. You may also ensure submission of all the above details with the Bureau on an ongoing basis.
5. Please keep our local Regional Office informed of the compliance to this circular.
Chief General Manager
Endt. No. NB. DoS. HO. CFMC/ / P-80/ 2020-21 of date
Copy forwarded for information to:-
1. The Additional Director, Central Economic Intelligence Bureau, Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Government of India. This has reference to his letters even no. EI/ 24-273/ NABARD/ 2019-CEIB dated 07 February 2020 and 03 August 2020.
2. The Registrar of Cooperative Societies, Cooperation Department of all the States.
Deputy General Manager