Refinance under Special Liquidity Facility-2 (SLF-2) for SCARDBs
Covid-19 pandemic has brought an unprecedented sequence of events in the last one year and NABARD has taken several measures to reduce disruptions and maintain unhindered flow of credit to financial institutions and thereby helping unreached segment of society to meet their credit needs. As you are aware, RBI has come forward to support in augmenting the liquidity position of the financial institutions and has made an allocation of Rs.25000 crore under SLF-2 vide their letter dated 07 April 2021 for refinancing RRBs, State Cooperative Banks, SCARDBs, SFBs and NBFC-mFls.
2. Accordingly, refinance under Special Liquidity Facility-2 (SLF-2) will be extended to SCARDBs based on both ST and LT refinance policy guidelines issued vide our circulars No.162/DoR-50/2020 dated 09 June 2020 and No.63/ DOR-18/2021 dated 12 April 2021.
3. Since the SLF-2 from RBI is for a period of one year from the date of first drawl by NABARD and has to be repaid back within that time, the repayment period for this facility shall be 12 months with a minimum lock-in-period of one year or as stipulated by NABARD during release of SLF-2 in case of ST refinance and 18 months duration by augmenting with our own funds in case of LT refinance. SCARDBs have to repay the proportionate amount of the balance period in one lump sum at the end of such period for the borrowing under LT refinance and the remaining amount of refinance has to be repaid in one or more instalments as per repayment schedule stipulated in the sanction letter.
4. Interest rate under this facility shall be as per ALCO rates as decided from time to time. The current rate for the funds available under SLF-2 facility is 5.50% plus applicable risk premium. The balance amount of refinance provided from NABARD's own resources in case of LT refinance will be charged at a rate as applicable to normal lending.
5. The refinance proposals under SLF-2 may be scrutinized by concerned Regional Office and seek HO approval before sanction.
6. The circular is also available on NABARD website www.nabard.org under the tab information Centre.
7. Please acknowledge receipt.