The Board, in its first meeting held on 27 April 1983, had approved setting up of Secretary’s Department to attend to the work relating to Board and its Committees.
The Secretary’s Department acts as Secretariat to the Board of Directors of NABARD and attends to all liaison and coordination work with Head Office Departments/Regional Offices for execution of various directions/decisions of the Board and Board Level Committees. The Department acts as a nodal department for liaising with Government of India and Reserve Bank of India in the matters relating to the Board, NABARD Act, and General Regulations, etc.
• Right To Information Cell
Pursuing it’s goals of transparency, proactive disclosure and compliance to statutory obligations, NABARD has been effectively providing information sought under the Right to Information (RTI) Act, 2005.
Senior level officers at Regional Offices, Training Establishments and at Head Office have been designated as Central Public Information Officers (CPIOs) to comply with the statutory obligations under the RTI Act, 2005. Ms. Rosie Tshering, Chief General Manager is the Transparency Officer and Shri N P Mohapatra, Chief General Manager is the Appellate Authority.
During the year 2020-21 (as on 31 March 2021), 1801 RTI applications (including RTI applications transferred to other PAs) and 184 Appeals were received. Of these, 1556 applications and 176 appeals were disposed of during the year.
• Grievance Redressal Cell
Grievance Redressal Cell came into existence in NABARD in 2009 to take up matter related to grievance of individual officers/employees in respect of the decision of the bank relating to service matter.
2. Core functions of the Department
- Work connected with the meetings of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee (EC) and other Committees of the Board.
- Matters relating to constitution of Board and appointment of Chairman, Managing Director (MD,) Deputy Managing Director (DMD), Director on Board/Committees of Board.
- Publication of Annual Accounts in the Gazette of India.
- Work connected with the meetings of the Management Committee (MC) and Internal Sanctioning Committee.
- Liaison with Ministry of Finance, Government of India for placing the Annual Reports and Annual Accounts of NABARD before the Parliament.
- Amendments to the NABARD Act, 1981, NABARD General Regulations, 1982, NABARD (Additional) General Regulations, 1984.
- Coordination with Reserve Bank of India in conduct of financial inspection of NABARD and follow up action thereof, including submission of compliance to RBI.
- Works relating to Performance Linked Incentive Scheme for the Chairman and Deputy Managing Directors (DMDs,) NABARD
- Nodal department for collection, compilation and circulation of Monthly Performance Highlights of Regional Offices (ROs)/Training Establishments (TEs)
Right To Information Cell & Grievance Redressal Cell
Right To Information Cell
- Works relating to implementation of RTI Act, 2005, under the domain of the Transparency Officer
- •Processing of applications and appeals received and providing replies within the time frame stipulated in the RTI Act, 2005
- Dealing with hearings in response to notices from Central Information Commission
- Creating sensitisation and providing training within the organization to create heightened awareness levels about the obligations under the RTI Act, 2005 to support the smooth implementation of the Act within the organization
Grievance Redressal Cell
- Processing of applications and appeals received for presenting the same to the Grievance Redressal Committee and the Grievance Redressal Appellate Committee for discussion
- Providing replies to the applicant/Appellant based on the decision taken by the committee
3. Broad achievements of the Department during 2020-21
During the year 2020-21, the Secretary’s Department convened:
• 11 meetings of the Board/Executive Committee (EC)
• 05 meetings of the Sanctioning Committee
• 19 meetings of the Management Committee
• 26 meetings of the Internal Sanctioning Committee
• 02 meetings of the IT Committee
• 01 meeting of the Premises Committee
Right To Information Cell
During the year 2020-21:
- 1801 applications requesting for information were received
- 1556 (including the reply provided to the applications received during the fag end of last year) applicants were provided with information
- Against 184 appeals received, 176 appeals were responded to
- In response to the Government of India directive, NABARD formulated its disclosure policy and the same was uploaded on the website. NABARD has also migrated to RTI Online from 01 December 2015, based on instructions received from Government of India, enabling applicants and appellants from across the country to make online applications and appeals and receive replies online.
Grievance Redressal Cell
During the year 2020-21, ten (10) Grievance Applications were received. The Grievance Redressal Committee (GRC) met twice during the year i.e. on 16 October 2020 and 25 February 2021 and disposed of 12 applications which included 6 applications of previous year and 6 of the 10 application received in 2020-21. Besides, Grievance Redressal Appellate Committee (GRAC) met once on 23 March 2021 and disposed of 04 appeals received during 2019-20 and 2020-21.